|Please note the following change: the FAFSA will be available October 1, 2016 for the 2016-2017 school year.
Students completing the FAFSA before January 1st will be asked to use 2015 tax information on their FAFSA.
We encourage students to apply for federal student aid using FAFSA on the Web. We strongly urge all students to fill out the application at www.fafsa.ed.gov We continue to make a PDF version of FAFSA available for students who are unable to complete FAFSA on the Web. Applicants may print out the PDF from www.FederalStudentAid.ed.gov (click on "FAFSA Filing Options") and submit it by postal mail. Students without access to the internet may ask the financial aid office at their chosen college whether the school can submit the FAFSA on their behalf; or they may request a paper FAFSA from 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243).
Here are some things you need to keep in mind when filing:
- You must have a pin number for the student AND parent before you file (takes about 24 hours): www.pin.ed.gov
- College Goal Sunday in October and February. You can go to Ivy Tech in Bloomington to get free help in filling out the FAFSA. For more information on College Goal Sunday go to www.collegegoalsunday.org.
- You do not have to pay to submit a FAFSA, so make sure you are on the FREE site above.
- STATE deadline for aid: March 10, 2016 for Fall admission.
- Do not bring your FAFSA to the high school for help. This is private information. You may call your college for assistance or make an appointment:
- Oakland City University Bedford 812-279-8126
- Ivy Tech 812-332-1559
- You will do an online update each year your student is in college.
- For great college information, go to www.learnmoreindiana.org.