See Mrs. Byrer in Counseling if you have any questions.
Bedford Board of Realtors Scholarship - Deadline March 15, 2019
Amount: $250 each (2 given)
Criteria: Must be a senior who is a child or grandchild of a primary member of the Bedford Board of Realtors. Applicants must have a GPA or 3.0 or higher & be in good standing with the high school he/she is attending. The top two recipients will be chosen from a point system. Points are based on PGA, SAT scores, Extra Curricular Activities, Work Experience, Community Involvement and Honors/Awards.
Applications are available in Counseling
Knights of Pythias Poster/Visual Arts Contest - Due April 1, 2019
Amount: $500(1st), $300 (2nd), $200 (3rd), $100 (4-8th)
Criteria: Students in grades 9-12 are eligible to enter the contest. The poster will be judged on the following: message, originality, effective display, neatness, rule compliance. Informational pamphlets are available in Counseling.
Society of Plastics Engineers - Central Indiana Section (Joseph B. Williams Memorial Scholarship)
Due April 15, 2019
The Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE) Central Indiana Section presents a Society of Plastics Engineers Scholarship to help provide funding for college to students demonstrating a high level of career interest in a plastics related career. This scholarship serves to honor a long-time member and friend to the Society of Plastics Engineers; Dr. Joseph B. Williams. As a member of the organization for many decades, Joe served as councilor for Lehigh Valley and Central Indiana as well as several advisory roles. Joe worked tirelessly to promote the society and was awarded the Honored Service Member for his dedication and efforts. It is with this heritage that we offer this scholarship to celebrate and honor his legacy.
1. Students must be a graduating high school senior from an accredited public/private Indiana school.
2. Students must be enrolled at a four-year college / university or a two-year community college degree program.
3. Enrolled in one of the following majors; Plastic Engineering, Polymer Engineering, Polymer Science, Packaging Engineering, Material Engineering, Material Science, Composite Materials and Structures, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Design Technology, or Polymer Technology. Other majors may be eligible if the candidate submits a description of how that major relates to the Plastics Industry and the scholarship committee approves.
4. Applicants must have maintained a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.8/4.0 scale from the prior school year.
To be considered for a SPE Central Indiana Section Scholarship, applicants must submit a complete application package by April 15, 2019 as outlined in the application checklist. Application and all checklist documents must be sent at the same time to the Education Chairperson.
Scholarship award will be $1,000 for the given school year at the discretion of the SPE Central Indiana Section Scholarship Committee. Scholarship is valid for 1 year and recipients must utilize for the 2019/20 school year. All scholarships will be reimbursed once registered transcripts have been received from the university / college showing that all requirements have been fulfilled.
Please submit a complete application package, all checklist documents must be sent at the same time by April 15, 2019
SUBMIT TO: SPE Central Indiana Section Scholarship
Attn: Ray Amos
2596 Hardscrabble Road
Spencer, IN 47460
Office (812) 339-2235 x10-5300
1. Completed SPE Central Indiana Section Application Form
2. Copy of resume showing work experience, school and community activities and honors
3. Official transcripts for prior school year
4 .A 500 word essay on your career aspirations
5. Two letters of recommendation: one from a teacher or other school official and one from a previous / current employer or non-relative.
APPLICATIONS AVAILABLE IN THE COUNSELING OFFICE (See Mrs. Byrer)
2019 New Horizons Scholarship - Ivy Tech Bloomington, Indiana
Due May 3, 2019
Application available in Counseling - See Mrs. Byrer
Ivy Tech Community College - Bloomington is now accepting applications for the 2019 New Horizons Scholarship. All application items must be submitted in one complete packet.
The New Horizons Scholarship is worth $1,000, and is applied only to tuition costs and fees. Scholarship recipients will be awarded $500 for the fall 2019 semester and $500 for the spring 2020 semester. The scholarship is valid only for the 2019-2020 school year, and does not include summer 2019 or summer 2020. You must enroll as a full-time student (12 credit hours) to receive the funds. You must be pursuing an Associate degree or a Technical Certificate.
Minimum GPA through seven semesters must be 2.6 or higher on 4.0 scale.
SHELTER INSURANCE FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
DUE: March 31, 2019
The Shelter Foundation annually awards scholarships to graduating high school seniors in communities where there is a Shelter Mutual Insurance Company agent who participates in the program.
1. Scholarships will be awarded annually to graduating seniors who attend high schools that are approved and accredited by the states’ departments of education. The scholarships will be in the amount of $2,000.
2. Scholarship recipients are free to select any accredited college or university and any course of study they desire to pursue leading to an academic degree. The scholarship will be paid directly to the college to apply to the tuition, fees, room and board of the student.
3. A local selection committee of three to five persons consisting of high school officials and community business and professional leaders will consider applicants’ scholastic achievement, participation and leadership in school and community activities, citizenship and moral character, and educational goals.
4 . Scholarships will be given without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin or gender of prospective recipients. Children of any Shelter Insurance® Agent or employee are NOT eligible recipients of scholarships.
5. The scholarship recipient must accept the scholarship by enrolling in a college or university by the September following his/her high school graduation.
Applications are available in the Counseling Dept. See Mrs. Byrer for questions.
UNITED PRODUCERS, Inc. SCHOLARSHIP
DUE: April 1, 2019
United Producers, Inc. is offering up to 10 – $1,000 scholarships to graduating high school students pursuing agricultural careers. The purpose of the UPI scholarship program is to help and encourage deserving students to pursue careers in agriculture or agriculture-related fields of study.
- Applicants must be a member or a child/grandchild of a UPI member. Members market at least one head of livestock at UPI per year. Membership will be based on UPI’s 2018 records.
- Applicants must be a 2019 graduating high school senior enrolled in a college or technical school, studying an agriculture-related field.
- Applicants must submit a completed application and personal essay summarizing their college and career goals.
- Applications available in the Counseling office.
PDK Educational Foundation Scholarship - April 3, 2019
$500 scholarship specifically earmarked for students planning to pursue a career in teaching from the following three high schools:
• Bedford North Lawrence High School • Bloomington High School North • Bloomington High School South
The Petermichel Family Endowed Scholarship was established in 1999 by Dick and Judy Petermichel of Bloomington, Indiana and is administered by the PDK Educational Foundation. The Petermichel family cited these three schools when they created the fund.
PDK International, publisher of Kappan magazine, is a professional association for educators that brings together the top leaders, thinkers, and doers to collaborate and inspire one another. Apply at www.pdkassociation.org.
To be eligible, applicants must be:
- A paid member in good standing of one of the following associations: Educators Rising, Phi Delta Kappa, and/or Pi Lambda Theta; and
- Pursuing a career in education — usually this means you will be or already are enrolled in a School of Education; and
- Enrolled full- or part-time for the fall semester of the application year. If you will not be enrolled and paying tuition and fees in the fall, then you are not eligible.
- I encourage you also to visit our main scholarship page at www.pdkassociation.org/scholarships as we have other awards for students pursuing careers in education. Applicants complete one online application for all our awards and indicate that they are eligible for awards with special criteria, such as this one. Applicants are always considered for the highest dollar amount award for which they qualify. Last year, McKenzie Messmore of Bedford received the $500 Petermichel Family Endowed Scholarship.